It’s nothing personal,
we gotta make sure you’re 21+*
*For Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Minnesota you must be 18+
4 sandwiches, dosage varies - 30‐60 minutes
Herbed Grilled Cheese
This de-luxe grilled cheese sandwich is so fun to share, and the herb-infused caramelized onions can be used on so many other dishes as well. Adjust the amount of canna-butter you use based on your comfortability with it. You can always make these without infusing at all and find a way to dose it after cooking, either with canna-butter or canna-honey, which would also be delicious!
2 yellow onions, finely diced
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon canna-butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary, divided
2 tsp minced fresh cannabis fan leaves, divided (optional)
1 tsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 teaspoons butter, divided
8 slices good Brioche or other thick-cut, soft bread
Small amount of mayonnaise for spreading, optional
12 oz Gruyere cheese, sliced thinly, room temperature
4 thin slices Muenster cheese, room temperature
6 oz grated white cheddar cheese, room temperature
- Place a sheet pan with a cooling rack on top of it into your oven and preheat to 200° F. Melt canna-butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat-- don’t let it smoke.
- Add diced onions, minced thyme, 1 teaspoon of the rosemary and 1 teaspoon of the minced cannabis leaves to the warm skillet and cook low and slow, stirring often, until onions are soft and starting to brown, about 15 minutes. Stir brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste into the onions and cook another minute, then transfer all onion bits to a plate.
- Spread one side of two pieces of bread with a little bit of mayonnaise, if using. Add 1 teaspoon of butter and a pinch of remaining herbs to the same skillet over medium-low heat, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add both pieces of bread, mayonnaise side down, then add one-fourth of the thin slices of Gruyere to one piece of bread and 1 slice of Muenster cheese on top of the other. Sprinkle one-fourth of the grated cheddar over the Gruyere. Once the cheese starts to melt, sprinkle a couple tablespoons of the caramelized onions over the shredded cheese.
- When cheese is melting and bread is good and golden brown, sandwich the Muenster piece of bread over the loaded side and cook on low heat, flipping often, until cheese is fully melted. Transfer to the rack in the warm oven while you repeat with remaining slices of bread and ingredients, making 4 sandwiches total.
- For a party, you could cut the sandwiches in quarters and serve on a platter. Cut and serve immediately once you remove them from the warm oven.
Hungry for more? Introducing, Smoke it. Eat it. Drink it., the official cannabis cookbook by RISE. From cookies to pizza to cocktails and everything in between: DOWNLOAD NOW