This pizza has canna‐oil baked in to the crust for not only an elevated experience, but also for delicious herbaceous flavor. You need 3 tablespoons of oil in total‐‐ 2 tablespoons of canna‐oil and 1 of unmedicated is great if you’re sharing, but perhaps too much if this is just a casual dinner, so in that case flip the numbers. I like to freeze one of the dough balls for enjoying another me, but this recipe gives you enough toppings to make both at once.
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1⁄4‐ounce packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
1 or 2 tablespoons canna‐oil (such as infused extra virgin olive oil‐‐ adjust to desired dosage)
2 or 1 tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing (3 tbsp combined total oil)
3 3⁄4 cups all‐purpose flour, plus more for dustng
1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
3 cups pizza sauce
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
6 ounces pepperoni slices, or however much fits your pizza and your mood
2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
2‐4 tablespoons honey, chile infused honey, or canna‐honey
Chili flakes, optional
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- For the dough: Dissolve sugar in 1 1⁄3 cups warm water (~105°F) in a large bowl; sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the 3 tablespoons of oils.
- Whisk the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Wash and dry your flour bowl and lightly oil both large bowls and set aside
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, dusting with more flour if necessary. Split and form into 2 balls. Add a ball of dough to each oiled bowl and turn to coat with the oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until doubled in size, about an hour and a half.
- If freezing one or both dough balls, let rise just 30 minutes then wrap in plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. When you’re ready to make your pizza, defrost on the counter then place dough in a covered, oiled bowl and let rise an hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the pizza! Preheat the oven to 450°F. If you like to use a pizza stone, let it preheat with the oven.
- Roll one of the dough balls on a lightly floured surface, stretching by hand to the desired size, about 13‐15 inches in diameter. Transfer to a flat baking sheet or the underside of a regular baking sheet dusted with flour, cornmeal, parchment paper or a light layer of oil
- Assemble with half of each of the toppings: tomato sauce, cheese, and layers of pepperoni and jalapeno. Bake in the hot oven for 12‐15 minutes, watching closely in the last 5‐7 minutes and turning the pizza pan as needed to ensure even baking.
- Remove from the oven on to a cutting board, slice in to 6 or 8 slices, and top with a drizzle of honey or canna‐honey, chili flakes, and freshly grated parmesan. Enjoy immediately!