It’s nothing personal,
we gotta make sure you’re 21+*
*For Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Minnesota you must be 18+
Makes about 6 cups, or about 12 ½-cup servings - 45-60 mins
Hemp & Almond Granola Clusters
1⁄2 cup coconut oil*
1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1⁄2 cup hulled hemp seeds (aka hemp hearts)
1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, and brown sugar in a pot over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved and contents are well blended. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and salt. Pour the warm syrup mixture over the oats, stirring to combine. Use a whisk to whip the egg white until it is frothy, then fold into the granola mixture. Line a large baking tray with foil or parchment paper and pour the granola onto the baking sheet, flattening in to a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden and toasty to your taste, then set on a rack to cool. The secret to making these clusters is to avoid stirring whatsoever during baking-- wait until the granola is fully cooled before breaking it up and storing it in an airtight container. Best if consumed within two weeks.
- These granola clusters are delicious on their own, but you can also enjoy them in a bowl of plain yogurt with your favorite jam mixed in. A delicious breakfast is a bowl of yogurt with these granola clusters, some berries and the cherry syrup from our chocolate tart recipe! If you choose not to medicate the granola, you can always dose your individual serving with infused honey and/or infused jam instead... or in addition! Always dose to your tolerance and taste.
- *To infuse this recipe with cannabis, replace 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut oil with an infused oil, depending on desired dosage. 1⁄2 teaspoon of cannabis oil is a good starting dose per serving; it all depends on the strength of your infused oil. If your oil has a 5-10mg THC/teaspoon strength, you can replace 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil with cannaoil and know that per 1⁄2 cup serving you will have a range of 5-10mg THC dosage. Since the oil is heated there may be some burnoff. Still delicious even if it’s low-dose! Alternatively, make this granola unmedicated and keep some infused honey on hand so you can dose your serving individually instead.
Hungry for more? Introducing, Smoke it. Eat it. Drink it., the official cannabis cookbook by RISE. From cookies to pizza to cocktails and everything in between: DOWNLOAD NOW