New day, new special! Keep coming by your local RISE Dispensary for fresh savings on products you love.
SIX WAYS TO SAVE
Major savings on all your favorite brands, at your local RISE Dispensary. What’s not to love?
$99 Puffco Plus + 1g RYTHM concentrate ($149.99 value)
Valid 11/22 - 11/29 while supplies last
$50 RYTHM eighths
Valid 11/22 - 11/29
2 for $80 RYTHM/&Shine 500mg vape carts
Valid 11/22 - 11/29
2 for $50 RYTHM Disposable Vapes
Valid 11/22 - 11/29
2 for $45 incredibles
Valid 11/22 - 11/29
$12 Dogwalkers Big Dogs
Valid 11/22 - 11/29
EXCLUSIVE MUNDELEIN EVENTS
You’re invited! Stop by our newly expanded RISE Mundelein Dispensary to enjoy special in-person events and hang with our team.
Recreational and Medical marijuana is now available in Illinois. Visit our Illinois dispensary online for all Illinois locations, recreational and medical marijuana FAQs, information about how to get a medical card, and how to order online.
Are there RISE Dispensaries in Illinois?
Yes, there are RISE Dispensaries in Illinois. Visit risecannabis.com to find a Illinois dispensary nearby.
Where can I order marijuana online in Illinois?
Visit risecannabis.com to find an Illinois Dispensary and order medical cannabis or buy recreational marijuana online.
How can I get a medical marijuana card in Illinois?
Visit risecannabis.com information about for how to get a medical card in Illinois. You can also visit any RISE Dispensary in Illinois and our patient care specialists will be happy to answer your questions and help you find the right information.
When will my Illinois Medical Cannabis Registry Card expire?
If your medical cannabis registry card expires before May 1, 2021:
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Illinois Department of Public Health is immediately implementing a temporary process change for patients and caregivers whose cards will be expiring within the next 6 months.
You will not be required to extend or renew your cards through renewal application and payment. You will receive new cards in the mail within the next few weeks which will add an additional year to the card term length. If you have already submitted a renewal application and payment, please understand that refunds are not allowed.
We hope this will alleviate some concerns during this crisis.
Why does this store have limitations on the purchase method?
In IL, the State mandates purchase limits for all cannabis dispensaries. If you’re an IL state resident, Governor Pritzker has set the limit up to 30 grams of flower, 500 milligrams of edibles and 500 milligrams of vape cartridges or disposables. Out of state guests can purchase up to half the state limits or 15 grams of flower, 250 milligrams of edibles and 250 milligrams of vape cartridges or disposables.
In order to provide product to all of our patients and guests, we reserve the right to limit the amount of flower or any product per transaction to ensure supply availability.
All our Illinois Dispensaries are taking the necessary steps to keep our team, patients and guests safe. The state of IL requires everyone to wear a face covering while visiting any of our RISE locations. Curbside pick-up is available at Mundelein, Effingham and Canton locations for medical patients only. If you’re a recreational only guest, please join our waitlist on the store page at risecannabis.com (Mundelein and Joliet only).
How do I redeem my High Risers points using the new COVID 19 purchase methods?
There are two ways to redeem your points: You inform our team when purchasing in-store or identify in the online “Pick-up Instructions” section when purchasing via risecannabis.com. All points can only be redeemed at the register at checkout whether it is an online order or in store
How do I get a Medical Marijuana card and become a patient?
In the State of Illinois you will need to have a doctor’s certification based on a qualifying condition (click here) . You can apply for a Medical Cannabis Card by heading to https://medicalcannabispatients.illinois.gov/.
Interested in Illinois’ Opioid Alternative Pilot Program? https://etk.icts.illinois.gov/etk-icts-prod/login.request.do?service=/home.do.
If you require additional assistance, you can connect our Outreach Team. You can find your store specific contact information at risecannabis.com
Can I use my Medical Marijuana card at multiple dispensary locations?
No, the State of IL requires you to register with the dispensary where you will shop. However, you can change your dispensary at any time at https://medicalcannabispatients.illinois.gov/
If this is my first time to this RISE cannabis store, what do I need to do?
For Medical Curbside Pickup:
- Make sure you are registered to our dispensary (see above).
- If placing an order for curbside pick-up as a medical patient, you will need to create an account and upload some state ID and medical card/provisional card information. Follow the instructions for creating an account above the Menu. Select your items and proceed to checkout. There, you will be prompted to provide this additional information. Your order cannot be processed without completing these steps to establish yourself as an Illinois Medical patient in our system.
- Place your order and bring cash for payment or debit card.
- A RISE Patient Care Specialist will welcome you, ask for your name and help you pay for your order.
For Medical In-Store Pickup:
- Make sure you are registered to our dispensary (see above).
- Head to risecannabis.com and start shopping. During check-out, you can create your profile. Be sure to upload your state ID and the front and back of your medical card or provisional card.
- Place your order and visit our store for pick-up. Mundelein, Effingham and Canton offer curbside pick-up. We prioritize medical patients.
For Recreational Dispensary Guests (Applies to Joliet and Mundelein only):
- Head to either the Joliet or Mundelein pages on our website and join our waitlist.
- Wait for the text letting you know we are ready for you.
- Head to the line in front of the building and wait to be called in.
- Have your state ID ready along with cash for payment. Browse our menu (linked above) up on your phone while you wait. Our online menus are linked directly to in-store inventory.
What do I do if I need help and want to speak with a live person?
No problem, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have. If you need help obtaining a medical card or a consultation for a medical order connect with our Outreach Team by contacting your dispensary. You can find location information on risecannabis.com.
How does a caregiver purchase product for a Medical patient?
A caregiver can assist you with the use of medical cannabis. A caregiver must have a valid caregiver card to purchase on behalf of a medical cannabis patient with or without the patient present. Consider designating a caregiver when you first apply for a medical cannabis card. Complete the Designated Caregiver application and submit the required documents with your patient application.
Once you are registered with the state as a caregiver you can place an order on behalf of your medical patient, and pick-up in the dispensary or curbside on behalf of your patient. Your accounts will be unified through the patient’s medical card number.
RISE Joliet is an Adult Use / Recreational Dispensary; we do not have dedicated service to Illinois Medical patients. If you are a caregiver, you may simply shop at this store as an Adult 21+ shopper.
Are there alternative payment methods available at this store?
We only accept cash and have ATMs available on site at all our dispensaries. We also accept online payments through Aeropay at some of our Illinois Dispensaries. We recommend you bring cash to speed up your wait time. Please contact your store for specifics.
New Patient Orientation
Are there limits to how much cannabis I can buy in Illinois?
Yes, there are limits to how much marijuana you can buy in Illinois:
– 500mg of edibles
– 5g of concentrates (about 10 vapes total)
– 30g of flower
– 250mg of edibles
– 2.5g of concentrates (about 5 vapes total)
– 15g of flower
Is Marijuana Legal in Illinois?
Yes. Both medical and recreational marijuana are legal in Illinois.
Illinois is now the 11th state to legalize recreational marijuana for adult use, after J.B. Pritzker signed the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act into law in June 2019. As of January 2020, Illinois legalized cultivation, sale and possession of cannabis in limited amounts under the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
The state allows the use of medical marijuana (MMJ) for eligible patients, who are also permitted to grow their own medicine. However, non-medical users are not allowed to cultivate their own cannabis.
How Much Marijuana Is It Legal to Possess?
While Illinois is among the states that have legalized marijuana for recreational use, legalization isn’t without limits.
For medical use, patients may possess up to 2.5 ounces or 71 grams of marijuana during any 14-day period. But they should always ask their doctor for a recommendation to possess more cannabis if needed.
For recreational use, residents of Illinois can legally possess 30 grams (about an ounce) of cannabis, 5 grams of cannabis concentrates, and about 500 milligrams of THC or cannabis-infused products, like tinctures and edibles.
If you’re a non-resident of Illinois, then you can only possess half of what the limits are for Illinois residents – which is 15 grams, 250 mg of THC and cannabis infusions and 2.5 grams of concentrates. For more information, see Overview of the Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
How Do I Get My Medical Marijuana Card in Illinois?
It’s now possible to get a medical card for cannabis in Illinois if you are at least 18 years old. Adult caregivers of minors may also apply on behalf of the child.
Here is how to get your medical marijuana card:
- Register online and book an appointment with an Illinois marijuana licensed doctor. You will need to provide your basic medical history then book a session with a medical marijuana doctor.
- Do an online consultation with your doctor to evaluate your ailments and have a deeper conversation about your medical marijuana treatment. This will determine the approval of your application.
- Get approved by registering with the state, pay any additional state fee owed, and submit your application.
- Go to the state website and submit your doctor’s certification.
- Receive your medical marijuana card and start purchasing from your registered dispensaries in Illinois.
The Illinois Department of Public Health is also providing free assistance with the Illinois medical marijuana card application process
Can Veterans Obtain Medical Cannabis in Illinois?
Yes. Veterans can obtain medical cannabis the same way as other patients.
Veterans are eligible for a reduced application fee and do not need a physician’s written certification form if they are currently receiving health care at a Veteran Affairs (VA) facility. Qualifying veterans will need to submit medical records from the VA facility for the last 12 months together with their applications.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) will review the records to determine whether a veteran has a qualifying medical condition. Veterans in Illinois can find help obtaining their VA records online here.
Where Can I Smoke with My Medical Card in Illinois?
It’s legal to smoke cannabis in your home or backyard if you own it. Renters need permission from their landlord.
You can also smoke in marijuana dispensaries with consumption lounges that allow it.
Smoking marijuana is prohibited in the following areas:
- Any public place like streets or parks
- Near anyone under the age of 21
- In any motor vehicle
- On school premises, except for medical users
- Any other place where smoking cannabis is prohibited under the Smoke-Free Illinois Act.
Illinois colleges and institutions of higher learning are allowed to ban cannabis use on-site. Any person, landlord, or business can prohibit the use of marijuana on private property.
Are Illinois RISE Dispensaries Cash Only or Can I Use a Debit Card?
There are RISE dispensaries open across Illinois offering medical and recreational cannabis. You can find a nearby dispensary on the map above.
We accept cash only as a payment method. We also have an ATM on-site for your convenience.
What Do You Need to Enter an Illinois Rise Dispensary?
RISE dispensaries have some requirements before you enter. You must have the following:
- A valid government-issued ID or Driver’s License (it should show your age is at least 21 years old and include home address)
- Access to your email address on your phone
- Payment: In our Illinois locations, we can only accept cash payments.
- Signed physician certification
What Are the Purchase Limits for Cannabis in Illinois?
The purchase limit depends on whether you’re an Illinois resident or not and whether the cannabis product is for medical use or recreational use.
Purchase limits for recreational cannabis are:
- For Illinois residents, the purchase limit goes up to 30 grams of cannabis flower, up to 500 mg of THC for infused products, and 5 grams of cannabis concentrates.
- Nonresidents can buy half of those amounts
Purchase limits for medical marijuana are:
- Registered Illinois medical cannabis patients can purchase up to 2.5 ounces of cannabis after every 14 days. When it comes to edibles and concentrates, the amount of cannabis used to manufacture the product plays a great role in determining the purchase limit.
Can I Consume Marijuana in Public in Illinois? If Not Where Is It Safe to Consume Cannabis in Illinois?
The short answer is no. You cannot smoke marijuana in a public place. Similarly, you cannot smoke marijuana in the following places:
- Your motor vehicle
- In a bar
- On a school bus
- On the grounds of any school
- In a correctional facility
- Close to anyone under 21 years who isn’t a medical marijuana patient
But there are safe places where you can enjoy your marijuana. They include:
- In your own home, back porch, backyard, or on any private residence if you are out of public view
- In designated tobacco retailers and marijuana dispensaries that allow it
Will Insurance Cover My Medical Marijuana in Illinois?
No. Health insurance does not cover medical marijuana.
This is partly because Medicare and Medicaid are federal programs and marijuana is still illegal under federal law.
Can I Give Away My Medical Cannabis to Someone Else?
Medical marijuana patients cannot share their products, even with other patients who have legitimate medical cards. Caregivers can purchase and share marijuana with their designated patients only.
Recreational users can give away cannabis to anyone over the age of 21 but there cannot be any payment exchange. [Source]
Do You Have to Be a Resident to Get a Medical Card in Illinois?
Yes. You should be able to get a medical marijuana card in Illinois and purchase medical cannabis if you’re at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of Illinois with proof of residency. You also need to be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition and get consent from a qualified physician.
Are Out-Of-State Medical Cards Permitted?
Illinois dispensaries don’t accept out of state medical cards. But adult state visitors over 21 can purchase recreational marijuana at dispensaries.
Do you have curbside pickup?
Yes, we do. Medical patients need to be registered to our dispensary. Check your local RISE Illinois Dispensary for details.
How do I order online?
Please visit risecannabis.com and click the Order Online button in the top right of the page.
A new loyalty program offering a higher level of connection, access and well-being for our cannabis community.
- EARN points toward future purchases
- GET access to cool local offers, events and more
- TRACK your points and manage your preferences in a digital wallet
Spreading love for a limited time.
Get fired up with this gooey goodness. Marshmallows, milk chocolatey graham cracker, happy campers. Incredibles S’mores bar features 10, 10mg pieces for a total of 100mg THC per bar.
Giving Thanks to Veterans
We are giving thanks to our Veteran’s by offering an additional 5% off for Vets on top of their everyday discount from November 8-11.
Join High Risers
Select your state and preferred dispensary
Loyalty form will appear here once you select a location.
Visiting RISE Illinois Medical & Recreational Marijuana Dispensary
We want you to feel at home when you visit a RISE Illinois dispensary. The info below will help you have the best experience possible.
We love them! Ask our Patient Care Specialists anything cannabis related.
VALID STATE ID REQUIRED
So we can verify that you’re at least 21 years old.
We do not accept credit cards, debit cards or checks
For your convenience, an ATM is available at the dispensary.
FREE MEDICAL CONSULTATIONS
Connect with our Patient Care Team in person at the dispensary or virtually at risecannabis.com.
Plenty of free parking is available for RISE guests.
We’re committed to accessibility for all guests. Contact this RISE dispensary for more details
You have the option to call the dispensary to place your order, then pick up in person.
EASY ONLINE ORDERING
Browse your local menu from the comfort of home, then pick up in person at the dispensary.
This dispensary serves patients with Illinois medical marijuana cards.
ILLINOIS MEDICAL CARD
Required for all patients. Need help obtaining a Illinois medical card?
Click below to explore your guide to all things cannabis