Sep 18 2020 - 3 Min Read
Last Prisoner Project
GTI remembers one of the first individuals convicted and incarcerated for possession of marijuana in October of 1937. People of color are disproportionately incarcerated for cannabis possession. This is one of the issues that the Last Prisoners project is working to change through nationwide expungement initiatives.
We are honoring the legacy of reformers who fought for equal rights within the cannabis space, blazing the trail for future generations. We recognize there is much work ahead to ensure equity and empowerment for communities negatively impacted by war on drugs.
Week 1: Activist of the Week:
Moses Baca; Convicted in 1937
GTI remembers one of the first individuals convicted and incarcerated for possession of marijuana in October of 1937.
People of color are disproportionately incarcerated for cannabis possession. This is one of the issues that the Last Prisoners project is working to change through nationwide expungement initiatives.
Week 2: Activist of the Week:
Hats off to the “Emperor of Hemp”, who was an American cannabis rights
activist frequently cited in efforts to decriminalize and legalize cannabis and to expand the industrial use of hemp.
Week 3: Activist of the Week: Brownie Mary
“Brownie Mary” was a medical cannabis rights activist. As a hospital volunteer at San Francisco General Hospital, she became known for baking and distributing cannabis brownies to AIDS patients.
Week 4: Activist of the week:
We honor this original thought-leader and outspoken member of the LGBTQ community, who advocated for the legalization of cannabis throughout the 1990s. He influenced many in California and coauthored Prop 215 to push the legalization of medical cannabis.
• Buy 2+ GTI Brands and get the Pin of the Week – Collect all 4!
• Limited time only, September 1-20! While supplies last!
• A portion of all transactions over $100 will be donated to the Last Prisoner Project.
LIMITED EDITION COLLECTOR PINS
September 1 – 30
Thank you for supporting innovative
clemency and re-entry programs.
Campaign runs 9/1/20-9/30/20. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Green Thumb Industries. For promo full terms, go to www.gtigrows.com/cannabisforall. Medical cannabis use is for certified patients only. Keep out of reach of children. For use only by adults 21 years of age and older.
*Donation promotion is available in every state. PIN GIVEAWAY
IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN IL, NV, FL, and MD
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Donation promotion runs 9/1/20-9/30/20 and is open to legal consumers in every GTI store in IL, NV, FL, MD, PA, MA, NJ, NY, CT, and OH.
- Pin giveaway available only in IL, NV, FL, and MD
- No pin giveaway in PA, MA, OH, NJ, NY, and CT
- Sponsored by Green Thumb Industries. Please consume responsibly.
- Effects may vary by consumer. Keep out of reach of children. For use only by adults 21 years of age and older.
*Follow your state’s Rise Instagram account to see how the promotion works at your store.
SHARE ON IG #cannabisforall
FOLLOW US @gtigrows @rise.cannabis